SBDE™ – Senior Big Data Engineer
The SBDE™ by the Data Science Council of America (DASCA) is the world’s most credible 3rd party, vendor–neutral certification for experienced software engineers and professionals who are either already in the Big Data groove or may be aspiring to enter the space. The SBDE™ can be the most reliable differentiator of your high proficiency, potential, and promise for working on the most challenging of Big Data software and applications development projects internationally.
DASCA Certification fee USD 620 + Course fee LKR 75,000
Foundational Data Science – Framework of data science functions and tools; applying Python and R in making sense of data and deriving information and intelligence for decision-making; framework of concepts and generic models of managing, harnessing and visualising big data.
Data Processing Framework & Hadoop – Advanced big data processing frameworks; application scenarios of the Hadoop Ecosystem; storing, processing and modelling data in Hadoop 3; Hadoop Ecosystem tools for big data processing; Python and Hadoop 3.
Big Data Analytics Basics – Understanding of data types, data origination modes, streaming data; learning the frameworks of analysing, managing and harnessing massive data using tools and applications like Python and R.
R and Hadoop Applications – Developing Data Analytics Applications; deploying tolls for capturing, processing, sorting, classifying, analysing, managing and harnessing big data using the Hadoop ecosystem; developing applications using R, Python and MapReduce etc.,
Analytics in Machine Learning and AI – Framework of data analytics use-cases in machine learning and artificial intelligence; applying generic data analytics tools in machine learning and artificial intelligence; using R and Python to program ML and AI applications.
Streaming Data Storage – Customising high-volume streaming data storage applications; Deploying MongoDB document-oriented NoSQL database in high volume data storage and processing; MongoDB Data Structuring; MongoDB Shell Application development.
Streaming Data Architectures – Working with real-time analytics systems; developing real-time streaming data architectures; publish-subscribe messaging system; Kafka and Distributed Messaging; Building ETL Pipelines using Kafka; Building streaming applications using Kafka Streams.
Streaming & Batch Data Processing – Principles of applying generic stream and batch data processing techniques; Big Data Processing with Apache, Spark, and Scala; PySpark and SparkR for Big Data Analytics; Big Data Processing with Apache Flink.
Enterprise Data Analytics Implementation – Developing enterprise-wide data analytics ecosystem; developing applications for Elasticsearch and Enterprise Big Data search; Hadoop Cluster deployment and security; Big Data Processing on Cloud; Building a Data Analytics Pipeline.
Am I eligible?
Track 1 (Bachelor’s Degree)
– Completed a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Technology / Engineering / Applied Sciences / Related disciplines.
– Minimum 2 years of computing experience with proficiency in using Python / Java or any other programming language.
– Basic proficiency using Python / Java or any other programming language is desirable.
Track 2 (Master’s Degree)
– Completed a Master’s Degree in Computer Science / Technology / Engineering / Applied Sciences / Related disciplines.
– Minimum 1 years of computing experience with proficiency in using Python / Java or any other programming language.
I am Eligible. What’s next?
Great! ABDA™ undoubtedly might just be the most important credential to earn at this stage. Our next ABDA ™ exam preparation course starts in January 2022. If you wish to participate, register for our next ABDA intake from here.
– Course duration: 18 weeks
– Class will be conducted on Sundays from 2.30 pm to 6.30 pm
– Maximum number of participants per intake is 15
– Classes will be conducted online using Google Classroom.
After registration, what's next?
Upon registration you will receive
– Exam preparation resources (SBDE ™ Book 1 and 2)
– Online learning and preparation resources
– Online digitally proctored exam.
– You can take the exam anywhere, even at home or in your office
Upon Successful Completion
– You will become a Digitally Badged SBDE™ . This digitally-equipped certification is the most convincing countersignature of your potential and talent to the onset of your industry careers.
– The SBDE ™ Credential Case that includes your SBDE™ Credential Certificate and a lapel pin to be worn in your pocket tops