ABDA ™ – Associate Big Data Analyst
The ABDA ™ by the Data Science Council of America (DASCA) is the world’s most credible 3rd–party, vendor–neutral certification for young business–school students and those graduating with majors like Statistics, Applied Mathematics, and Economics, dreaming of making exciting careers in Big Data. Download the course brochure to learn more about ABDA™ credential.
DASCA Certification fee USD 585 + Course fee LKR 60,000
Foundations of Data Science – Understanding the role of the data scientist; tapping the power of Python and R in making sense of data and deriving information and intelligence for decision-making.
The Mathematics of Data Science – Refreshing important quantitative techniques and tools deployed in data analytics and model optimisation including Statistics, Linear Algebra, Probability and Calculus.
Dealing With Data – Understanding data types, data origination modes, streaming data; learning the frameworks of analysing, managing and harnessing massive data using tools and applications like Python and R.
Doing Data Analytics – Capturing, processing, sorting, classifying, analysing, managing and harnessing big data using the Hadoop ecosystem; understanding the use of combination of tools like R, Python and MapReduce etc., in big data analytics.
Data Visualisation – Understanding the needs, building blocks and basic mechanisms of data visualisation; using-popular visualisation applications like Tableau to visualise and present information results.
Analytics in Machine Learning and AI – Foundational concepts and framework of machine learning and artificial intelligence; understanding how big data analytics fires machine intelligence; using R and Python in ML and AI applications.
Business Implementation – Planning, design and implementation framework for big data analytics solutions in organisations; deploying R and Python in business-level data analytics; going to production with R.
Databases & Big Data Analytics – Understanding of databases and data pipelines deployed in big data analytics; applications of document-oriented NoSQL database in high volume data storage and processing using MongoDB; fundamentals of messaging systems; Elasticsearch enterprise big data search; and big data processing on cloud.
Am I eligible?
Track 1 (Bachelor’s Degree)
– Completed (or final year) a Bachelor’s degree in Finance / Supply Chain / Marketing / Management / Engineering / Statistics / Applied Sciences / Related disciplines
– Experience is not mandatory.
Track 2 (Associate Degree/Diploma)
– Completed an Associate Degree/ Diploma in Finance / Supply Chain / Marketing / Management / Engineering / Statistics / Applied Sciences / Related disciplines
– Minimum 2 years of data analytics experience with proficiency in using Python / R or any other analytical tool.
I am eligible. What’s next?
Great! ABDA™ undoubtedly might just be the most important credential to earn at this stage. Our next ABDA ™ exam preparation course starts in May 2022. If you wish to participate, register for our next ABDA intake from here.
– Course duration: 16 weeks
– Class will be conducted on Sundays from 10.00 am to 2.00 pm
– Maximum number of participants per intake is 15
– Classes will be conducted online using Google Classroom.
After registration, what's next?
Upon registration you will receive
– Exam preparation resources (ABDA ™ Book 1 and 2)
– Online learning and preparation resources
– Online digitally proctored exam.
– You can take the exam anywhere, even at home or in your office
Upon Successful Completion
– You will become a Digitally Badged ABDA™ . This digitally-equipped certification is the most convincing countersignature of your potential and talent to the onset of your industry careers.
– The ABDA ™ Credential Case that includes your ABDA™ Credential Certificate and a lapel pin to be worn in your pocket tops