Last updated: October 3, 2021
Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the Service.
By accessing or using the Service you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the terms then you may not access the Service.
Return & Refund Policy
Request and Payment of Refunds
All request for cancellation, withdrawal, leave of absence (LOA), deferral, transfer or substitution must be done in writing and sent to email@example.com.
All refunds will be paid to the payee as stated on the payment receipt/invoice/cheque. Monies paid by credit card will be refunded to the payee’s card.
Refunds will be paid 14 days after request for refund has been received by the course administrator.
- Cancellation – (cancellation occurs when a student does not attend the course)
- Cancellations received before the course start date are subject to a payment of 5% of the course fee.
- No refund will be given for cancellations made on the start date of a course.
- Participants will receive 100% refund if a course is cancelled or postponed by the organiser.
- The organiser reserves the right to cancel or postpone a course and takes no responsibility for any losses claimed by the participant/sponsor due to such actions.
- All notice of cancellation by participant must be made in writing. The participant is responsible for ensuring that the notice is received by the course instructor.
- Additional cancellation policies apply to customised training.
- Withdrawal (withdrawal occurs when a student starts a course and drops out)
Participants may withdraw from a course at any time. The following rules govern withdrawals:
- i) Withdrawals received 1 to 10 days after the course start date are subject to a payment of 80% percent of the course fee.
- ii) No refunds will be given for courses that span a duration of ten (10) days or less, instead students are encouraged to defer or request a leave of absence.
There will be no refunds for withdrawal from customised training after contract is signed.
- Leave of Absence (LOA) from a Course
- If circumstances beyond your control such as illness or family related issues arise during your training, and you are unable to complete your course as originally enrolled, you will be allowed to return to another scheduled course within one year of your withdrawal date to finish only the days missed.
- Request for leave of absence must be made in writing along with relevant supporting documents.
- LOA is subject to approval.
Deferral of Training (to qualify for deferral you must not start the programme)
A participant can choose to defer their participation in a course to a future training of the same value and content; a request must be submitted in writing.
A deferment fee to cover administrative fees and facility expenses may be applied. The deferment fee payable will be calculated on a case by case basis but will not exceed 5% of the course fee. Deferment to a future training applies only to the specific training and must be done within 6 months from the date that the deferment was made, after which time the participant forfeits the training fee.
The Service and its original content, features and functionality are and will remain the exclusive property of Boffin Institute of Data Science and its licensors.
Links To Other Web Sites
Our Service may contain links to third-party web sites or services that are not owned or controlled by Boffin Institute of Data Science.
Boffin Institute of Data Science has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party web sites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that Boffin Institute of Data Science shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such web sites or services.
We strongly advise you to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of any third-party web sites or services that you visit.
We may terminate or suspend access to our Service immediately, without prior notice or liability, for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation if you breach the Terms.
All provisions of the Terms which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The Service is provided on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis. The Service is provided without warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement or course of performance.
These Terms shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Sri Lanka without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
Our failure to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be considered a waiver of those rights. If any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable by a court, the remaining provisions of these Terms will remain in effect. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between us regarding our Service, and supersede and replace any prior agreements we might have between us regarding the Service.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. If a revision is material we will try to provide at least 30 days notice prior to any new terms taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at our sole discretion.
By continuing to access or use our Service after those revisions become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised terms. If you do not agree to the new terms, please stop using the Service.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us.